Returns and Refund Policy
Returns And Refund Policy
This policy sets out the circumstances in which goods or services (“Goods”) supplied by Bi-Rite Electrical Pty Ltd to a customer (“you”) will be accepted for return.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
The sale of Goods by Bi-Rite Electrical will be subject to certain laws including, without limitation, the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This policy is in addition to any rights you have at law including under the ACL which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act, 2010 (“Act”).
ASSESSMENT OF GOODS FOR RETURN
Bi-Rite Electrical reserves the right to assess the eligibility of Goods for return (including the condition and age of the goods) BEFORE accepting them as returned. All Goods which a customer wants assessed for return must be:
- Accompanied by proof of purchase from Bi-Rite Electrical either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction; and
- unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories such as remotes, controllers, power cords, batteries, battery chargers, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase.
Please note that it may be necessary for the manufacturer of the Goods to inspect the Goods in order to assess eligibility for return. Bi-Rite Electrical will endeavour to procure such assessment within a reasonable time.
While Goods are being assessed, Bi-Rite Electrical will not be deemed to have accepted the Goods for return.
WHEN GOODS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN
Except where required under the ACL or other applicable consumer protection laws or regulations, Bi-Rite Electrical will accept Goods for return in accordance with this Returns Policy and only after assessment as set out above, where the Goods are returned in the compliance with 1. And 2. Above and:
- Fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the ACL; or
- Are subject to any express warranty given by:
- Bi-Rite Electrical; or
- The manufacturer of the goods;
And the goods are returned in accordance with the terms of that warranty.
NO CHANGE OF MIND RETURNS
Please choose carefully as Bi-Rite Electrical does not accept return of goods because you change your mind or make a wrong decision about Bi-Rite Electrical goods or services.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN GOODS ARE ACCEPTED FOR RETURN?
Subject to any obligation of Bi-Rite Electrical at law to the contrary, when Bi-Rite Electrical accepts Goods for return:
- For a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which is not a “major failure”, Bi-Rite Electrical may either:
- Have the goods repaired or provide an identical replacement; or
- Provide a refund of the amount paid for the goods;
Within a reasonable time.
- for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee which cannot be remedied or a “major failure” (as defined in the ACL), you may either:
- Reject the goods and choose a refund or identical replacement or one of the same type and similar value (if reasonably available);
- Keep the goods and get compensation for any drop in value of the goods caused by the failure; or
- Agree with Bi-Rite Electrical to a repair of the goods; and
- Under express warranty, Bi-Rite Electrical may either repair or replace the goods or offer a refund in accordance with the express warranty.
A “major failure” is defined in the ACL and broadly is one where a reasonable consumer would not have acquired the goods had the consumer been fully aware of the failure, the goods are unsafe, substantially unfit for purpose or departed significantly from the demonstration model or sample. In this regard you should refer to the ACL.
If you reject goods purchased from Bi-Rite Electrical in accordance with the ACL, you must return the goods to Bi-Rite Electrical. If the goods cannot be returned without significant cost to you as prescribed under the ACL, you may ask Bi-Rite Electrical to collect the goods.
If goods are accepted for repair, Bi-Rite Electrical will undertake such repairs within a reasonable time. All repairs will be undertaken as prescribed under the ACL.
If you are entitled to a refund under the ACL, your refund will be issued by credit card, cheque, EFT or PayPal depending on your original payment method for the goods.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOUR GOODS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED?
After your Goods have been repaired or replacement Goods become available, as the case may be, Bi-Rite Electrical will contact you to make arrangements for delivery of your Goods. Bi-Rite Electrical will only pay for delivery of the Goods if they were repaired or replaced because of a major failure or if Bi-Rite Electrical is required by law to meet the delivery cost.
PRESCRIBED INFORMATION REGARDING REPAIR OF GOODS
Goods returned for repair which are capable of retaining “user-generated data” as defined under the Act, May as a result of the repair, be subject to loss of data.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair Goods.
ONLINE SALE RETURNS
The process for return of Goods purchased from Bi-Rite Electrical online is to contact the online sales team via email@example.com who will review reasons for the return and discuss with the local store that delivered the item to you, The Local store will process the Return if approved.
STATUTORY RIGHTS NOT AFFECTED
This Returns Policy will not affect your statutory rights including those under the ACL. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and your statutory rights, your statutory rights will take precedence.
If you have a question in relation to this Returns Policy or believe that Bi-Rite Electrical or any of our staff have not observed your rights under the ACL, please do not hesitate to contact Bi-Rite Electrical by writing to:
Bi-Rite Electrical Pty Ltd
2936A Logan Road
Bi-Rite Electrical Pty Ltd
ABN No. 79 4394 95650